The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Fatal Error after installation (Plesk 7.5.6) (6 posts)

1. timshawn
    Posted 14 years ago #

I installed WPMU in a sub directory: http://www.mcbc.qc.ca/site2/ and I got the Installation successful page but there seemed to be errors at the bottom:

WordPress database error Table 'np5605_db.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'mcbc.qc.ca' AND path = '/site3/index.php/' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once WordPress database error Table 'np5605_db.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'site_name' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name WordPress database error Table 'np5605_db.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once WordPress database error Table 'np5605_db.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpmu_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option WordPress database error Table 'np5605_db.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'active_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, apply_filters, call_user_func_array, mu_filter_plugins_list, get_site_option

When I click on the login link It doesnt take me to http://www.mcbc.qc.ca/site3 but to http://www.mcbc.qc.ca

If I click on the Your WordPress ยต site has been configured link, I get the following:

Fatal Error
    If your blog does not display, please contact the owner of this site.

If you are the owner of this site please check that MySQL is running properly and all tables are error free.

Could Not Find Blog!
    Searched for mcbc.qc.ca/site3/Index.php/ in np5605_db::wp_blogs table. Is that right?

What do I do now?
    Read the bug report page. Some of the guidelines there may help you figure out what went wrong.
    If you're still stuck with this message, then check that your database contains the following tables:

* wp_blogs
    * wp_users
    * wp_usermeta
    * wp_site
    * wp_sitemeta
    * wp_sitecategories

If you suspect a problem please report it to the support forums but you must include the information asked for in the WPMU bug reporting guidelines!

I checked my db and I have all those tables. My wp_blogs table looks like this.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

2. timshawn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh ya, my site is hosted with namespro.ca and I believe it's on Windows 2003. I also selected subdirectories for blogs, not subdomains

3. SteveAtty
    Posted 14 years ago #

You've got www in the url which WPMU wont like. Also you've set it up fro subdirectories but you've installed it into a subdirectory - which is not going to help.

4. timshawn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Why is installing WPMU into a subdir a problem? The installation instructions says its possible.

3. Place the WordPress MU files in the desired location on your web server:
    If you want to have your WordPress MU installation in its own subdirectory on your web site (e.g. http://example.com/blogs/), rename the directory wordpressmu to the name you'd like the subdirectory to have and move or upload it to your web server.

5. EBarney
    Posted 14 years ago #

I have the same issue - I was trying to install wordpress MU on our intranet, which already has a subdomain, so I didn't want to do any more. I can't give links to the sites because they're behind a login. site: libintranet.kentlaw.edu
    installation location: libintranet.kentlaw.edu/intranet/

I had trouble before when I was testing wordpress mu installs with having wordpress installed, so I removed all wordpress files from the site before installing wordpress mu. New database, full permissions, new subdirectory. The database and the subdirectory have exactly the same name. Everything went smoothly filling in the details, but when I get to the confirmation page there's the same long database error at the bottom:

WordPress database error Table 'intranet.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT * FROM wp_blogs WHERE domain = 'libintranet.kentlaw.edu' AND path = '/intranet/index.php/' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once WordPress database error Table 'intranet.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE site_id = 1 AND meta_key = 'site_name' made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once, get_current_site_name WordPress database error Table 'intranet.wp_blogs' doesn't exist for query SELECT blog_id FROM wp_blogs LIMIT 0,1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, require_once WordPress database error Table 'intranet.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'wpmu_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, get_site_option WordPress database error Table 'intranet.wp_sitemeta' doesn't exist for query SELECT meta_value FROM wp_sitemeta WHERE meta_key = 'active_sitewide_plugins' AND site_id = 1 made by require, include, include_once, require_once, apply_filters, call_user_func_array, mu_filter_plugins_list, get_site_option

And when I click on the "log in" link I get the same fatal error timshawn found:

Could Not Find Blog!
    Searched for libintranet.kentlaw.edu/intranet/index.php/ in intranet::wp_blogs table. Is that right?

I'll keep looking around the forums - we're also running on a Windows 2003 Server

6. EBarney
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK, tried several different approaches, starting fresh each time because just deleting the config file and clearing the tables and .htaccess file weren't working - I got blank screens when I did that, perhaps a cookie or server issue?

The only thing that looked like it worked was when I accidentally left it on subdomains rather than subdirectories. But of course I don't have the rights to our domain (it's a university site, I work in the library which runs on a subdomain) so that didn't actually work. I'd just get a likely looking home page and then not be able to do anything with the links.

Anyone have any idea how to solve this error? I tried going back to an older version of wordpress mu (2.8.6) but that didn't work either.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by timshawn
  • Latest reply from EBarney