The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Permalinks - am I missing something here? (5 posts)

1. ntek
    Posted 17 years ago #

Phew, finally got MU *almost* working - only thing remaining is the issue with permalinks. As usual, MU adds /blog in permalink and from there everything goes byebye... not found. Error log shows that user tries to access public_html/blog which of course doesn't exist. Web server has full rights to the install directory so that should not be the issue - am I missing something important here or should I just give up?

MU is r721
    System is Debian Etch, with apache 2.0.55 and php 5.1, default debian install. Mysql 5.0, also default debian package.

Suggestions how to fix this? You can see what I mean yourself by going to http://bl.cx and clicking any of the message links. 404 pops up at your face immediately :-(

2. ntek
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah, one more addition, this same persists if I create new blog, everything else works but permalinks.

ntek

3. ntek
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hmm... are permalinks busted or something? When I switched to default (the ugly one) permalink settings, everything seems to work okay.

ntek

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Works for me.

Have you set your permalink? Loks like you may not have.

5. ntek
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's the thing, if I enable permalinks -> nothing works, buncha 404's - if I disable permalinks, everything works okay.

Talking about weird situation, huh ;)

I'm starting to suspect this might be apache-related issue afterall.

ntek

About this Topic