The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Deleted all post titles via phpMyAdmin and now cannot create page (3 posts)

1. gazinga
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi looking for some insight. I created a page and then trashed it then created it again. The permalink had a -3 after the slug name and I could not figure out how to return the permalink to just the title:

Events.

I read a few threads about going into the database and removing all revisions so I went into the db via phpMyAdmin and removed all table entries with the post_title Events. This took care of the hypen in the permalink but now I get a 404 when trying to find the page. I don't know enough about how WPMU ties into the db and was hoping this might be obvious to someone on the forums.

Thank you in advance for any help with this.

2. dgilmour
    Posted 14 years ago #

If you've removed all revisions, including the current version, that'll explain the 404; there's nothing left to find.

You can edit permalinks from the post editor:
    http://edubuzz.org/screencasts/2010-03-22_0813.png

3. gazinga
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi dgilmour, thank you for your reply. I did find the post editor but it would not let me change my permalink from events-4 to just events. This is what puzzled me in the first place. After I removed everything from the DB, I made the page again and checked the DB and saw that the new page was in the table, but still get a 404. This makes no sense to me.

About this Topic