The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wordpress-mu + budypress on windows hosting (4 posts)

1. daglawy2
    Posted 14 years ago #

hi,
    i just moved my wordpress-mu and budypress installation to a .net windows hosting with plesk control panel

i have alot of problems
    1- the homepage is the only page that works ( any other page "Not Found")
    2- the posts on the main blog works well when the Permalink Settings is on the default option - but when changing into Custom Structure "/%postname%/" it also get the error message of "not found" and it gives that error message in the Permalink Settings page

If the root directory of your site were writable, we could do this automatically, but it isn’t so this is the url rewrite rule you should have in your web.config file. Create a new file, called web.config in the root directory of your site. Click in the field below and press CTRL + a to select all. Then insert this code into the web.config file

and when i creat that file and put that code in it, the hole website stop working and a message of "500 - Internal server error" appears

3- all the avatar images are not showing at all

i searched on the forums and i found that there is some problems goes with the windows based hosting but i didn't get the idea
    so can any one help me please

2. daglawy2
    Posted 14 years ago #

i contacted the support
    they resolved every thing except for the permalinks
    they are working on it
    if there is any thing i can help them with - just tell me about it

3. cpmrgmt
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am dealing with the same issue, brand new account, only Hone works if Permalinks get changes to any option but Default. And settign Default doe snot allow mme to use Buddypress. SO no solution

I hope I could get support too on fixing this issue.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

If it's a BuddyPress issue, please go to the buddypress forums.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by daglawy2
  • Latest reply from andrea_r