The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Try to install, end up with a white screen (3 posts)

1. ginjaninja
    Posted 14 years ago #

I'm stumped. I'm installing WPMU on a fresh server only running Apache 2.2, PHP 5.3.2 and MySQL 5.1. I turned on mod_rewrite and set up a vhost. I've read through the forum and readme a dozen times and can't figure out why when I click submit on the install page I end up with a white screen and no wp-config file. There are no errors in my PHP log or apache logs. I even tried starting over and reinstalling everything on this server. I don't know what else to look for.

2. dgilmour
    Posted 14 years ago #

Which things from the forums have you tried? There are reports from people getting similar symptoms, such as here http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/16458?replies=6. It might be helpful to say if you've eliminated any of these possibilities.

3. ginjaninja
    Posted 14 years ago #

I find my mistake. Doh! I had configured my MySQL db to only accept connections from localhost, and the user I had set up could only connect to the db from localhost. I turned on access via port 3306 and added my vhost to my user's hosts.

Since I didn't see a db connection error I didn't think of that at all, but when I looked through the code in the install file I noticed that if it made it past the db setup I would at least have an empty wp-config file in the folder.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by ginjaninja
  • Latest reply from ginjaninja