The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Localhost with Xampp under linux install nightmare (4 posts)

1. el_terko
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi to all,

It has been two days since I have been trying to install latest stable version of MU in localhost using xampp under linux (KK 9.10)
    pressing "submit" in the first WPMU screen gives me the following errors:
    trict Standards: Redefining already defined constructor for class wpdb in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-includes/wp-db.php on line 367

Notice: Constant DB_NAME already defined in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-config.php on line 23

Notice: Constant DB_USER already defined in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-config.php on line 26

Notice: Constant DB_PASSWORD already defined in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-config.php on line 29

Notice: Constant DB_HOST already defined in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-config.php on line 32

Notice: Constant VHOST already defined in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-config.php on line 39

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-settings.php on line 765

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-settings.php on line 780

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-settings.php on line 787

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-settings.php on line 794

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-settings.php on line 830

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /opt/lampp/htdocs/prueba/wp-settings.php on line 18

Database is accessed because installation scripts create 18 tables starting with wp_

Absolutely clueless how to continue. Any help PLEASE ?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Uh, I thought XAAMP was for Windows boxes. If you're on a linux box, you should not need xaamp.

18 tables??? That's off too.

You running php in safe mode?

Tell me you did not edit the wp-config.php file directly.

3. achtundsiebzig
    Posted 14 years ago #

@andrea_r the XAAMP project once made different versions for win, mac, linux. they changed their naming system because they felt it would be wrong to use the generic product name for their product.

@el-terko you shouldn't need XAAMP anyhow if you use ubuntu. You only need software in apt and 1 doc site: https://help.ubuntu.com/community/ApacheMySQLPHP (not even all of it).
    also, use localhost.localdomain instead of just localhost just for precaution.

4. desininja
    Posted 13 years ago #

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by el_terko
  • Latest reply from desininja