The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Lost Site Admin Menu (11 posts)

1. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

Lost site admin privileges running 2.8.4a. Backed up files and database. Started upgrade to 2.9.2 following the directions at http://codex.wordpress.org/Upgrading_WPMU

Unable to run Site Admin/ Upgrade since I still don't have access to site admin menu.

I've searched, read, tried everything I can think of. Any and all assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

2. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

also maybe related when trying to register a new user get this error when presenting credentials sent by email

ERROR: Invalid registration status.

3. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

Don't mean to be a pest, but is there some additional information I can provide that would help people to help me?

Thanks again for any and all assistance.

Bob

4. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

Please help. Any ideas? Anyone?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

I've searched, read, tried everything I can think of.

Did you find threads about going into the database, finding the site admin username, and making sure they were still there?

Are you SURE you upgraded with WPMU files and NOT single WP?

becasue that'll do it too, and yes people have done it before.

6. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

<meta name="generator" content="WordPress 2.9.2" /> shows in my meta tags. File name I used to upgrade is wordpress-mu-2.9.2.zip So I'm as sure as I can be that I downloaded and uprgraded the correct version.

I had the problem before I upgraded so I don't think the upgrade is the problem.

No, I didn't find articles related to the admin name and database, because I can still log in using my admin user name and password, I just don't have the admin authority to administer other blogs or users.

I will search now and try to find threads related to that issue and how to find/fix the problem.

Sorry for the late reply, I had given up on receiving any responses here. Thank you for your time and suggestions.

Bob

7. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ok, I've found a post for removing the / around the admin name in the database. Soon as I figure out how to access it directly I will check and do that.

Would this fix the problem of new users unable to register on the site as well?

Thanks again for your help and patience.

Bob

8. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

9. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

Found the answer to my lost site admin problems here: http://mu.wordpress.org/forums/topic/13937

10. alaskanbob
    Posted 14 years ago #

Andrea, I know how to use google. Wouldn't it have been just as easy to post a link to a thread with the answer? I don't post questions here often, and only after I have done a considerable amount of time and effort to find the solution on my own. I don't understand why you feel it necessary to treat people in such a condescending and demeaning manner.

11. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

*sigh*

We all have bad days.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by alaskanbob
  • Latest reply from andrea_r