The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Multiple domains, content URLs, themes, one instance (3 posts)

1. remtheory
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi guys,

I see that MU hosts multiple sites, but I'm not sure if it does exactly what I need. Do you know if I should use it to do the following, or are there other ways?

1. Have one blog instance live on two domains
    2. Have different templates for both domains
    3. Some content lives on one domain, other content is shared and should live on both domains

Thanks!

2. tmoorewp
    Posted 14 years ago #

MU won't do everything you want right out of the box. You'll need to use some plugins to get there.

1. You can have one blog on multiple domains using a domain mapping plugin (Donncha has one that is very good).

2. You'd have to do two separate blogs and use something like the Sitewide Tags plugin to replicate content from one blog to the other.

3. Like above, you'd have to set up the Sitewide Tags plugin (or something similar) to pull content from one blog to another on whatever terms you choose.

This is definitely something you'll need to work on with plugins and, maybe, some custom plugin programming.

3. remtheory
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks for the super speedy reply. Bummer that there isn't some magic answer, but looks like there's some way to do this even if it's not super simple.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by remtheory
  • Latest reply from remtheory