The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Get rid of /blog in permalink structure (7 posts)

1. famous
    Posted 14 years ago #

how do I do it?

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 14 years ago #

Depends. Have you installed your wpmu files into a blogs subdirectory or are you looking at the /blogs/ permalink that's added in with blog #1? Or where else are you looking at this?

It's always a good idea to give a reference and/or link when asking a question on any support forum. That way folks are looking at the same thing you are.

3. rsgrone
    Posted 14 years ago #

Yeah, go out and purchase the "plug-in" can't remember how much it costs but I do believe Andrea has a piece of that action -- it's easy enough to use/install - I have it installed on my "mu" installs nice touch if you want that professional looking touch if I say so myself...

4. famous
    Posted 14 years ago #

@tdjcbe
    It's as you said, it is the permalink that is added with blog #1. How do I get rid of that?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Via a plugin. You have the choice of paid or free, they both show up in google.

6. famous
    Posted 14 years ago #

Isn't there something I can just change in the database? And by the way what are the names of the plugins. I am searching but cannot find yet?

7. famous
    Posted 14 years ago #

Isn't there something I can just change it in the database? And by the way what are the names of the plugins. I am searching but cannot find yet?

About this Topic