The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

sitewide tags plugin and member blog categories (3 posts)

1. nunziarider
    Posted 14 years ago #

everything is working as advertised, and this is a terrific plugin. but i don't want it to pull the categories from my member blogs to the main blog. i want each member blog to come into a category set on the main blog, but so far, it'll only do that if i set posts to the same category on the member blog as on the main blog. if i don't do that, it creates a new category on the main blog matching the member blog.

i don't want the new category. i just want the member blogs to move into their assigned category on the main blog and leave the member blog categories back there.

is this possible?

2. nunziarider
    Posted 14 years ago #

forgot to say i'm using blog topics.

3. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

I don't think what you want is possible without re-writing the site wide tags plugin. I'm assuming that by "same category on the member blog as on the main blog" you mean something like so:

Member blog has a blog TOPIC of foo.
    Main blog has a blog category of foo.

Post from member blog should ignore member blog post categories, and just go into main blog category foo (matches member blog's topic).

The sitewide tags plugin isn't aware of the blog topics plugin out of the box. So, you won't be able to do that without some re-coding.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by nunziarider
  • Latest reply from DeannaS