The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Question about permissions on MU (4 posts)

1. mikelacroix
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hello!

Thinking about running Wordpress MU for an elaborate project.

The idea would be the following:

We want employees from a particular company to provide ideas/suggestions for a collective work on better business practices within their organization. All these suggestions would be sent to an appointed moderator employed by the company via email. The moderator would then take these suggestions and post them his/her specific progress blog.

Then, I would want each individual employee to be able to consult their company's progress blog, perhaps allowing comments, but without giving them the chance to actually add new posts. That would be the responsibility of the appointed moderator only.

Now I am already quite familiar with WordPress Roles, and I believe I would be using Author permissions for moderators and Subscriber permissions for regular employees. What I am wondering is how far I can go with the permissions in Wordpress MU.

Taking into account that everyone goes to a single domain. Let's call it exampleproject.com . I would want someone to have to sign-in to see any content. Is that possible?

Also, is it possible for Authors and Subscribers from Company A to sign into exampleproject.com and see only only posts from Company A, and nothing from Company B, or Company C? Like by using categories? Or would I just be better off opening up a new domain name for each company and managing permissions from domain to domain?

Many thanks for any help!

2. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

Just to clarify, added modlook because the site used as an example is a domain squatter and my anti-malware scanner goes nuts on it when I tried to access it. (OK, I was curious.) Probably should be changed, at least to a *.tld.

3. mikelacroix
    Posted 13 years ago #

Oh, sorry, the domain was just an example. Apologies. Didn't even know it would automatically become an active link. Don't anyone follow it. It's not my site. My site isn't live yet. Doesn't even have a domain yet.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Tweaked it. ;)

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by mikelacroix
  • Latest reply from andrea_r