The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blog Topics plugin + New Blog Moderation? (6 posts)

1. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

They don't seem to play nice. On blog creation the blog topic setting won't take and I have to go readjust it as admin later. Anyone run into this as well or know how I may fix it? Thanks!

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

One quick thing to try would be to look at New Blog Moderation and see what priority is being put on the filter for wpmu_new_blog. Here's the line from blog topics:

add_filter('wpmu_new_blog', array(&$cets_wpmubt, 'set_new_blog_topic'), 101);

If blog topics has a higher priority, switch it to be a lower priority - or vice versa.

3. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Thanks, I'll check it out.

4. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

I disabled the new blog moderation for the moment but it would be cool get all the blogs created with say.. with "id > 200" designated the right topic with power tools at once since their are quite a lot. Been working on it but with no luck. Anyone have any ideas?

5. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

It wouldn't be that hard. You'd just have to pull the list of all blogs and loop through it and run the set_blog_topic function.

Untested, possible pseudo code:

global $cets_wpmubt, $wpdb;

$blog_list = $wpdb->get_results( "SELECT blog_id FROM $wpdb->blogs WHERE blog_id > 1 AND deleted = '0' and spam = '0' and archived = '0';");

foreach ( $blog_list as $blog ) {
        $this->set_blog_topic($blog->blog_id,'1'); //change 1 to whatever you want and do some testing to see if blog meets your parameters
    	}
  6. jmunn
    Posted 14 years ago #

Great. Thanks again.

About this Topic