The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Umm where do people "Sign up"? (4 posts)

1. lindsayanng
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am pretty darn familiar with wordpress, and just recently started playing with wordpress mu for a personal project of my husband's..

I installed MU and Buddy press because he wants to let members of one of his local hobby groups log in and upload pictures under their own accounts. I figured its a great way for me to learn buddy press.

Anyways, I installed it (you can see here)
    CLICK

And i see the login form, but where would new users register? It makes no sense! I would think there would be a register button right near the login, but there's not> Am i missing something?

2. lindsayanng
    Posted 14 years ago #

OK i take that back. I found the setting in the admin that allows people to sign up.

But now I have something odd happening. I can sign up, and i get told that I was successfully signed up, but then it reverts me back to the home page, NOT logged in.. and then i try and log in and it will not allow me (using my test acccount)

When i go into the admin I dont see any users pending or anything like that.

THEN the weird thing is.. when i go into the site again, I try and re-register and it says I can not because the blog domain that I want to use is not available

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Part of it is becasue you're using an IP address and not a fully qualified domain name. MU gets picky about things like that.

Also, if you're using buddypress, when it logs you in, it send you back to the front page, not the backend. All buddypress-specific questions really should go in their forum.

4. lindsayanng
    Posted 14 years ago #

Ohh sorry.. I guess i havent come across the buddypress forums yet.. Found them and will post there for questions regarding this particular site.

Thanks

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by lindsayanng
  • Latest reply from lindsayanng