The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

SOME users can't log in, but not all. (7 posts)

1. kipprsnak
    Posted 14 years ago #

I can log in to my WPMU, and so can a few of my other users. One user in particular can't log in. I've reset her password, and am about to pull all the plugins, but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before I do that or if any one has seen or had this kind of problem before.

Basically, I know the password is correct, I know the username is correct. She logs in, doesn't get an error but is sent back to the log in page. On the back end, everything looks normal.

Any thoughts???

2. kipprsnak
    Posted 14 years ago #

Adendum: The users intermittently have issues and have been using password resets to solve their login issues, but this user in particular can no longer log in even with a reset password.

3. dgilmour
    Posted 14 years ago #

Has the user tried more than one PC? It would be useful to know that. If it's just happening at one PC, I'd suggest deleting cookies. I have very occasionally seen this, and clearing cookies has fixed.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

If it's something specific to one user, you have to narrow down if it's just that user on that computer.

test: try her username and password on another computer. If it works, it's her computer.

Like djgilmour has said, clear the cache in her browser.

5. RussHayes
    Posted 14 years ago #

I am having the same problem. I have created 4 blogs for people from the admin panel.

Once they get their email they click the link to go log in and get an internal server error or the page won't load at all.

Also one user said they could not see their blog either.

Pretty sure i have it set up right but maybe not.

6. kipprsnak
    Posted 14 years ago #

thanks for the replies. She has tried on her computer, and I've tried on mine. I've tried in firefox and safari.

So, it's not specific to her computer. I've cleared my computer of cookies and I still have the problem.

If I use the wrong password, I get an error message. If I use the correct password, I just get redirected back to the login page. I'm really hoping that I don't have to do the uninstall plugins (vs. just deactivating).

Thanks so much for all your suggestions!

7. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

Look in your install's wp-config file. Check for a COOKIE DOMAIN line. If it's there, that may be the issue.

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by kipprsnak
  • Latest reply from andrea_r