The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

wp-admin won't show global admin options, just 'normal' options (3 posts)

1. digital.formula
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hi all,

I've got WMPU installed in / and a single other blog configured for /technical. Both sites work fine and can be browsed properly without any problems. I'm using sub-directory blogs, not sub-domain blogs as my host doesn't support wildcard DNS.

However, when I browse to /wp-admin or /technical/wp-admin I only ever get options that I assume are for users other than the global admin (if that's the right terminology).

E.g. under Themes I can see the theme I've configured for / and for /technical and I can see the plugins configured for each one depending on which 'wp-admin' I browse to but I can't upload new themes, upload new plugins, activate the plugin page for sub-blogs etc.

I've only got a single user in wp-users called 'chris' - it's the account that used to be called 'admin' but I changed it in the database. Does the user need to be called 'admin' for those permissions to be available?

What else could be causing this?

Thanks!

2. digital.formula
    Posted 14 years ago #

I just renamed the user 'chris' back to 'admin' in wp-users and everything seems to be ok now.

I can see the 'Site Admin' box now as well as the Themes and Plugins options.

I guess the user does need to be called 'admin' after all. :)

3. digital.formula
    Posted 14 years ago #

Oh ...

"These users may login to the main blog and administer the site. Space separated list of usernames."

*feels stupid for not looking through the options better*

:)

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by digital.formula
  • Latest reply from digital.formula