The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Help with starting a multi user blog website (4 posts)

1. tgeorgekurian
    Posted 14 years ago #

Hello friends,
    I am a newbie to Wordpress. I am willing to start a multi-user blogging website. I came across Drupal, Joomla, Modx, and finally reached Wordpress MU.And when I searched over the net, everyone suggested to use Wordpress MU.
    I want the following features:-

After a user logs into the website with his username and password, he will be forwarded to a dashboard, where there is a link for creating anew blog, create new posts in blog, delete blog, etc. He will also be permitted to change the themes. There will be links to view and edit his profile, as well as links links to his blogs.

When I installed Wordpress MU n localhost, the site admin as well as the user have access to all links in the left sidebar of the dashboard. I want all the links and settings to be accessible by the admin, and limit access to the users registered to my website. I wnat the links for creation of tag and other settings to be disabled for a user. Only, settings to change the layout and theme, as well as a link to enter their adsense account need to be displayed to a user.

How to do so?
    please help

2. DeannaS
    Posted 14 years ago #

You'll need plugins to do that. Start searching the plugin repository.

3. andrea_r
    Posted 14 years ago #

After a user logs into the website with his username and password, he will be forwarded to a dashboard, where there is a link for creating anew blog, create new posts in blog, delete blog, etc. He will also be permitted to change the themes. There will be links to view and edit his profile, as well as links links to his blogs.

Other than the link in the backend to create a new blog, everything else you listed is built in.

Go to wordpress.com. Sign up for a blog. poke around. That is the kind of thing your users will get.

When I installed Wordpress MU n localhost, the site admin as well as the user have access to all links in the left sidebar of the dashboard. I want all the links and settings to be accessible by the admin, and limit access to the users registered to my website.

Well, you can only see those menus if you are a user and if you log in...

4. vyasritesh
    Posted 13 years ago #

i created wordpress multiuser project.when any user creates its own blog then they have admin dashboard with all options same as a main wordpress blog administrator’s dashboard…. i want to hide some option of new blog’s users dashboard…….plz help me……

About this Topic

• Started 14 years ago by tgeorgekurian
  • Latest reply from vyasritesh