The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

For some reason when I log in I dont see MU options anymore (7 posts)

1. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

I have been working on this website for the past week with no issues. I enabled the wordpress theme editor so I have been doing MOST of my work within the site admin.

I currently only have two users, myself (admin) and a test (subscriber). I also have two blogs.. the main wordpress MU site and a sub blog for testing.

When I log into my main domain using http://bscwebinar.com/wp-admin and use my admin username and password, I see only the basic dash and NOT the MU dash with the site options and all of that stuff.

I also can not install plugins or anything.. This happened to me before when i used MU for the first time with another domain and I don't really know how i fixed it.

I have tried to remove the cookie and refresh but still no go.

2. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

ok./. while logged in in this admin I can not click on the editor anymore. I get the error that says that I do not have permission to do this.

The weird thing is.. i AM logged into the admin account, it IS definitely set as admin.. I have even tried to create another admin but it doesnt let me do anything..

Just so you know, I made absolutely no changes to the core files except allowing the editor (which I was using for days before this issue appeared)

3. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

How did you enable the theme editor? A hack or the plugin? If the plugin, turn it off, see if that fixes it. (go in via ftp and remove the plugin)

4. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

It wasnt a plugin, it was simply uncommenting the code in one of the files to allow it (i think the includes/mu.php file)

Plus, i really don't think it has ANYTHING to do with that because it work working fine for DAYS before this happened.

The only setting I can think of that changed was I changed the default admin name (setting for defualt blog owner name for people who create new blogs on my site) from "admin" to "owner"

this is really freaking me out though, i have NO CLUE as to whats happening and its coming down to the wire

5. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

The only setting I can think of that changed was I changed the default admin name (setting for defualt blog owner name for people who create new blogs on my site) from "admin" to "owner"

Um, yeah. This is why.

The "admin" user is you. No other person gets that username. "Admin" is a site admin by default, and additional site admins arelisted on the options page, which you just locked yourself out of.

Go into the database and fix it, make it say admin again. Then you can get back in.

6. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hmm I thought that setting made it so that every user from here on our who creates a blog with my system will be, by default, given the name OWNER instead of ADMIN.

I did go into the users table in phpmyadmin and my username is still user.. are you suggesting i rename it to owner?

7. lindsayanng
    Posted 13 years ago #

Oh shit.. I changed it to OWNER in phpmyadmin and it is back. I can;t believe this would effect the main blog. It SEEMS like it shouldnt because it felt like it was a setting for the smaller blogs that are created around my blog.

Well, none the less, I am back in and happy.. now officially as username OWNER instead of ADMIN per my settings in the options

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by lindsayanng
  • Latest reply from lindsayanng