The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Display recent posts across WPMU site (7 posts)

1. Minotauro
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hello,

I want to be able to display recent posts from all the blogs on my WPMU installation on the main blog's homepage.

I want to be display them as regular posts, not on the sidebar, not in the header, etc. but as if they were posts from the main blog.

Is there a way?

Thank you!

Minotauro

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wordpress-mu-sitewide-tags/

I've written about this extensively here in the forums. :) This is the plugin you need.

3. Minotauro
    Posted 13 years ago #

andrea_r,

I tried that plugin among other but I still couldn't get it. With the plugin you linked it installed correctly and I set the settings according to the readme. However, the tags blog was not created even though blogs and user accounts are allowed to be created under Admin > Options

I'm on WPMU 2.9.2

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

"on the main blog's homepage."

If you checked the box to aggregate the posts on the main page, then it won't create the tags blog. Because you won't be using it.

This does work in 2.9.2.
    It will not go back and gather old posts.
    It gets new posts as they are created from PUBLIC blogs.

5. Minotauro
    Posted 13 years ago #

andrea_r,

Got it. I'll give it another shot.

Thanks

6. Minotauro
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi andrea_r,

I got the sitewide tags plugin working but I noticed it didn't show post-thumbnails on the tags/main blog.

For this particular WPMU network all my themes include post-thumbnails and are an integral part of each blog. Do you know how it would be possible to have the main blog show the post-thumbnails?

I tried it with the native post-thumbnail feature in wordpress and also with the Simple Post Thumbnail plugin but both did not work.

Thank you!

7. Minotauro
    Posted 13 years ago #

Still trying to have the sitewide tags plugin display the thumbnails in the tags blog.

If anyone knows how, please let me know. Thank you.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by Minotauro
  • Latest reply from Minotauro