The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

list_all_posts and fimii_wpmu_stats strange behavior (3 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Should these two plugins be updating a blog if it got a new comment that was caught by SK2? It appears that on my setup a blog is counted by both of these when a new comment flagged as spam is posted. Is this the expected behavior? If not is there some setting or argument for these plugins to change the behavior? Thanks.

http://blogs.wooster.edu for an example.

2. andrewbillits
    Posted 17 years ago #

It's because both of these plugins rely on WPMU to figure out when posts are updated. WP/WPMU updates the time stamp on a post everytime someone adds a comment, even if it's spam. Since WP/WPMU updates the time stamp, both plugin think that the post has been updates.

There's really not a way of getting around this without a lot of extra code.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I noticed that as well now that you mention it. My theme demo blogs keep getting updated when they get spammed.

I'm guessing that both of those plugins use the last_updated field found in wp_blogs, correct?

You'd probably have to use the latest date of post_date_gmt out of each individual wp_$blod_id_posts for it to work any other way.

About this Topic