The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Comment Notification Emails Sent to Wrong Email (5 posts)

1. garbles
    Posted 13 years ago #

I am an admin for a WordPress mu collection of blogs and I have the following problem. When someone posts a comment on a user's blog and the comment needs to be approved, the user is notified via their email in the General Settings. However, when someone posts a comment on a user's blog that does not need to be approved and it is immediately posted, a notification is sent to the admin's email.

I want all comment notifications to be sent to the same email address, the user's email in General Settings. Does anyone know how to make this happen?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

this is default WordPress behaviour, it's not specific to MU.

3. garbles
    Posted 13 years ago #

I tried disabling all my plug-ins and I have changed the user's email address in every place I could find, but I'm still having this problem. Can anyone help me?

4. garbles
    Posted 13 years ago #

Thank you for your reply, andrea_r. Do you have any suggestions on how to change this default behavior through any settings or plug-ins?

5. garbles
    Posted 13 years ago #

It just doesn't make sense to me that one comment notification would be sent to one email address and another comment notification would be sent to another email address. That is intended behavior of WordPress?

About this Topic