The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Issue Installing WPMU 2.9.2 (5 posts)

1. moushele
    Posted 13 years ago #

I've been working on installing wpmu for a good portion of the day and have found fixes for everything thus far, but...

I've finally gotten to a place where the fixes aren't working.

On the site ( merytonpress.com ) running the new Wordpress installation I am getting this error:

Warning: main(/home/propm0/public_html/merytonpress/wpmu-settings.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/propm0/public_html/merytonpress/wp-settings.php on line 353

- I am loading the Multi-user Wordpress version 2.9.2

- I am running on a Lunarpages shared server (obsidian if it helps)

- I have re-uploaded the file referenced at line 353 (pluggables.php) several times using cPanel File Manager

- The site is a subdomain (addon domain) of the site: propmservices.com

- The file at line 353, pluggables.com is in the includes directory and has been there from the beginning

Thanks for any help you can give!

Michele

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

The site is a subdomain (addon domain) of the site:

This might be one issue.

I have one question: did you edit the config file to install it?

3. moushele
    Posted 13 years ago #

Nope... Used install-index.php

4. moushele
    Posted 13 years ago #

Well, I solved this issue myself. But, now I have an entirely different problem.

I think that perhaps WP just isn't the right solution. It doesn't seem to run well in my environment.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

There are some hosts that cripple MU from either being installed or from running properly if you don't have the right account level. (usual basic shared)

I haven't used Lunarpages, so I don't know. I bet asking their support team will be a big tip-off. ;)

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by moushele
  • Latest reply from andrea_r