The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Disable Article Title Link on Article Page (13 posts)

1. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

Well so far I really like WPMU - it is a great platform...

I have a question though - when you reach the actual (final) article page. Is it possible to remove the title linking properties and just show the title?

It does not seem right that when your on the actual article page the title links back to itself.

Since I am fairly new to WPMU - can someone point out the file that controls what is displayed on the actual article page?

I would appreciate it

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

The theme templates. This behavior is exactly the same in single WordPress, nothing mu about it. :)

3. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

K Ill take a look - thanks Andrea_r

4. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ok So I did some digging... Is it the postloop page that I should be looking in?

I see...

<h2 class="posttitle">" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e( 'Permanent Link to', 'bp-daily' ) ?> <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></h2>

Which I changed to

<h2 class="posttitle"><?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></h2>

But that did not work - Any Suggestions?

5. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Put code in backticks, this key: `

6. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

Thanks for the response. But what does that mean? and how is that related to the question?

is postloop the correct page?

if your referring to the code I pasted above without the ' will do next time.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Yeah, that's what I meant. The code needs to be placed in backticks. I can't check the code you posted because it's mangled.

8. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ah Sorry bout that...

<h2 class="posttitle"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e( 'Permanent Link to', 'bp-daily' ) ?> <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

which I changed to

<h2 class="posttitle"><?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>

But it still did not work... I did change all three instances of them in the postloop.php file

any clues you could give would be appreciated

9. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

You've still got a closing tag in there for the link.

The a href and the closing /a before the closing h2.

10. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

I did miss that closing /a - I just removed that as well - but the post titles are still linking back to themselves.

is theme/components/postloop.php the correct file that controls those attributes?

I am using buddypress - so would I need to edit themes/components/buddypress/buddypress-postloop.php

Thanks Andrea_r - I appreciate your insight

11. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Got a link?

12. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

http://sportsnewsauthority.com/ncaa-football-odds-usc-will-responds-to-ncaa.html

sorry for the delay andrea_r - but here is a link to a post that the title links to itself

13. kosmo_p
    Posted 13 years ago #

Andrea_r

I think I got it - I edited the buddypress related files in the correct directory and it appears to be working correctly now

thanks

About this Topic