The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

permalinks and wp-admin problem (6 posts)

1. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just borked my install.
    Recently we dumped the entire thing and did a complete and fresh re-install. Everything was working great until...
    We changed the permalink structure, went into "site admin" and removed "blog" from the permalink structure. The public portion of the blog works perfect, no problems what so ever. Since the changing of the permalink, now we cannot access wp-admin. FF gives "The page isn't redirecting properly" and IE just does not load. So I cannot go back into the site admin to re-set the permalinks. I did open up the db in phpmyadmin, navigated to the options and manually reset the permalink, it still does not allow admin access and it does change the link on the public side of the blog, but they just reload the main page.

any advice?
    Or shall I proceded with the reinstall (again)((which wont be much of a problem since there very little in there))

2. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

by the way I am using v. 724

3. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok, thats weird.

I just started working. Must have been a hiccup on the ninth planet, oops that doesnt exist either.

I think the problem may have something to do with the cookies and sessions. I hope. Anyway it is all working again, with the permalink change in place.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

*whew* and glad to see you around. :)

5. ergate
    Posted 17 years ago #

*whew* tell me about it. its all fixed and working just dandy!
    **personal note**
    glad to be back and bumming the boards again. Had to take a break, life krept up. As I mentioned earlier, we redid our MU install. The project we were working on got scrapped (most of the key people involved flaked out and then it was just me) so we (me myself and I) scrapped the entire project and were just going to run a plain old blog. We started intsalling standard WP, but it just didnt feel right, I quickly put MU back up and everything is good. Funny thing, with no intentions of continuing the original purpose of the domain, it seems like it might take on a life of its own and continue the project by itself. I will let it run on its own and see what happens.
    By the way, glad to see the updates and progress MU has made over the last couple of months. WOW.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yeah, life cuts into my computer time too. :) Also, I am mucho impressed with how MU has helped build my site into quite thriving community of support for people. Awesome stuff.

About this Topic