The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Menu Bar - need a fix please (2 posts)

1. tibbles
    Posted 13 years ago #

http://wwww.tibbles.co.za
    Theme: Metamorphosis
    Purchased: $17

I like this theme, but from day one the menu page tabs were a problem. The creator fixed the first problem - then got sniffy when I contacted him again to do a proper fix: he wants $75 to 'fix' something that should be working in the first place!

Problem: (just click around on the menu tabs and you will see for yourself) - But detailed description below.
    The menu bar is 'see-through'. When one hovers over a tab that has drop downs - the menu jumps to the right (before his 'fix' it jumped all over the place!)
    Because the drop downs are also see-through, it makes it very difficult to read - and having a drop down from a drop down is simply a no-go.
    The drop downs are all different sizes - spanning to the text - this looks a mess.
    I can't add any more main page tabs - because I can't create drop-downs from within drop downs (merging main page tabs)- it just looks a mess!

I need to combine the two steps for ordering into one main page tab for ordering, with two drop downs, and within this more sub-drop downs. I've tried it, but because of the tabs jumping to the right and being see-through and irregular spanning it is unusable.

Is there anyone here who would and could insert the code for me to fix this mess? I would be very, very grateful.

My skype id: elm.tibbles. If there is a willing and able soul - we could connect on skype so I can give you the password access to the domain hoster etc.

Please help - I'm just finding my feet in the html world, and php scripting is totally beyond me. And neither can I afford to pay a programmer. My site is just beginning to attract customers - I've got my first paying 'human' client. So on bended knee I'm asking for 'charity' help.

Thank you in advance.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

It's not a php issues, it's purely a CSS issue.

If the theme designer won't help, then just get another theme. There's thousands of free ones in the repo.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by tibbles
  • Latest reply from andrea_r