The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Broken RSS links (7 posts)

1. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Greets:

I noticed that in some themes, the RSS links are broken. Can anyone verify this on their installs and/ or themes please? Trying to track down if this is a WPMU issue or theme issue.

Thanks,
    -drmike

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

That is odd... and you didn't change the theme itself, just did your usual c&p from trac? I'd double-check the theme - just in case - then check and see if any new code had to do with feeds.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm finding the issue in a number of themes which is why I'm wondering if it's a WPMU issue or I messe dup copying and pasting somewhere.

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I figured it out and submitted a ticket on the issue.

Appears that generated links are broken when the permalink structure is set to default.

If you manually enter the corrected links into your browser like are displayed over on the codex, the links work. The issue is though WPMU is not generating the links within the blog though. Most of the URLs are displaying in the header as well as the sidebar as just the URL of the blog or even a couple as the blogurl and '/feed/' like it was set to the normal date structure most of us use.

No fix yet.

-drmike

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just noticed that the post and comment links are broken as well for this client. Not good.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Issue has been resolved. I was using the Feedburner Widget and it appears that it uses the same variables that WPMu uses. Since it's a widget, I had it in the mu-plugins subdirectory. Since you've actually got to put the Feedburner URL in there, if you didn't it would blank it out. Not good.

7. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

> I was using the Feedburner Widget and it appears that it uses the same variables that WPMu uses
    > Issue has been resolved.

Hi Dr. Mike:
    Re: http://groups.google.com/group/tantannoodles/browse_thread/thread/675b8a8137cdea77

Can you share how you resolved this?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by drmike
  • Latest reply from mrjcleaver