The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Keeps deleting html (11 posts)

1. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

Trying to insert an iframe to embed google calendar. Everytime I click update it just deletes it. I'm logged in as the site admin.

2. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

Right so this is because wordpress won't allow it?

It's not even stripping the code, it's just deleting it when it updates. I would understand if this was a post, but it's a page. Why is this a problem when I can do this absolutely fine in regular wordpress?

3. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

Also, why have the 'add media' options changed? I can't insert an image from a url now without wrapping img tags around in html editor. Surely this is a step backward?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

MU strips tags by default. It;s a security feature and well-publicized issue.

If it's just you running the site, you can add the Unfiltered MU plugin.

The add media buttons can be enabled again under Site Admin -> Options.

5. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

How is it possible for me to do this in regular wordpress? Embeds perfectly

6. Ipstenu
    Posted 13 years ago #

Because:

MU strips tags by default.

MU is not 'Regular' WordPress. Yet. ;)

7. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ah...

I think I'll go back to regular wordpress for now then, only running 40 or so blogs and this mu malarky keeps throwing up problems.

Cheers

8. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Um, why? There's a plugin to stop it, and in 3.0 (set to be released ANY DAY NOW) will make it so you the site admin won't have things stripped out.

Just making less work for ya.

9. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

Well, I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement the rest of my site. I want the home page to link to various other parts of the site, not other blogs, the blogs is only a quarter of the project. So i have about 10 other php pages for the rest of it.

Can I just put those pages into the root folder for the domain and link to them normally?

What about having forum software too? Just seems like wordpressmu takes over the whole site.

I could put it in another folder like 'blogs', but I dont want the blogs addresses to be domain.com/blogs/blog

10. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Wel.. WP takes over the whole site too. make your other php page either static pages in the backend of the main blog, or as page templates in the theme of the main blog.

11. Minklet
    Posted 13 years ago #

Not really because I can have the blogs installed into different folders and have the same effects without having to have a main blog on the root folder. Wordpress then is only active on each blog.

Making them static isnt an option at all. And I can't be bothered with the inevitable problems that mu will have with my currently functioning php, wordpress seems to throw its toys out the pram all the time.

I'll come back when there's an option to disable the main blog and have your own pages there instead.

Thanks for your help

About this Topic