The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Wildcard is OK but WPMU is not working as should (6 posts)

1. gabrieladavila
    Posted 13 years ago #

I followed this http://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network
    And my subdomain is working withe the addition made on DNS table, but when shows me the default cgi pages.

I own a VPS on GoDaddy, It´s anyhing else that I should configure to make this work, like httpd.conf or other files?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Did you install WPMU?

Because those instructions are for WordPress 3.0.

Also, GoDaddy requires you to get a dedicated IP to run wildcard subdomains, and your install shoudl be the default site on the server.

3. gabrieladavila
    Posted 13 years ago #

Hi Andrea, It is on my main domain and when you buy a VPS you ger a free IP Address, so yes, I use an IP adress and uses the new wordpress 3.0. When I installed it appeared some of the steps at your tutorial.

Need I another IP address?

I created on WPMU an account, and noted that the folder blog.dir were empty, should it have anyfile there?

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

blogs.dir is only for files that get upload to the extra sites. So, it only gets stuff in it when people upload things.

You won;t need another IP, no. I'm trying to determine if you installed WPMU or not. You get need one or the other, not both.

You also need to create a wildcard subdomain in your DNS records.

5. gabrieladavila
    Posted 13 years ago #

I downloaded the wordpress.zip at wordpress.org and folowed your tutorial to enable WPMU. After that, I went to Tools > Nerwork and enabled the subdomain install and installed.

Before the install, I created a DNS entry *.mydomain.com pointing to my ip

And created a new site using the WPMU to midia.mydomain.com. And this are bot working... :(

6. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Ask GoDaddy support to set up the wildcard sudomain on their end for your account.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by gabrieladavila
  • Latest reply from andrea_r