The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Blogroll as a Menu Item (2 posts)

1. North Chapel
    Posted 13 years ago #

So, I found a great plug-in that will allow me to make a page and have it point to a perma-link to any URL I want. Very helpful, but also a pain to make a long list. Is there a way, or a plug-in someone can recommend, that will take a blogroll and put it on the menu bar.

Here is my problem. I have a WordPress MU site setup for my church where each ministry has a different blog. Within each blog I have a blogroll that has links to the other ministry blogs. What I would like to do is make a Menu item that says, "Other Ministries" which pulls the links to be included in the drop down from a blogroll of all links with the category "Other Ministries".

Currently, my method is that I would go in and great a page for each ministry and point that page to the ministry page with the parent page being "Other Ministries". This is effective, except that I have 14 ministries. So making 14 pages on each of the 14 ministry blogs is taking a very long time.

I have also tried editing the menu bar in the header.php file and put

wp_list_bookmarks('title_li=');

in the

<div id=”navbar”>

section. This works half way as it does display the correct blogroll, but it is not centered with the other menu items and does not inherit the CSS style from the menu.

Any help is much appreciated. If you need more clarification please ask.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

If you upgrade to 3.0, and you use a theme that includes the new Menus option - or you add it to your current theme - then you can very easily get what you want.

new in 3.0 is navigation menu management. Easy as widgets.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by North Chapel
  • Latest reply from andrea_r