The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Domain Issue after 3.0 Upgrade (9 posts)

1. russdyer
    Posted 13 years ago #

After upgrading to 3.0, when I go to Super Admin --> Sites, the "Visit" link is going to the correct address, but the "Backend" link is only going to the "domain.com/wp-admin" instead of going to the backend of each blog, such as "blog1.domain.com/wp-admin". Is this a domain mapping issue, WPMU issue yet to be resolved or an .htaccess problem?

Any help would be great.

2. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Are you using the domain mapping plugin?

3. russdyer
    Posted 13 years ago #

Yes, I am using the domain mapping plugin. Sorry for opening two of these posts. You can just respond to this one to make life easier.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

5. russdyer
    Posted 13 years ago #

When I copy that into my mu-plugins folder after renaming the original domain_mapping.php to domain_mapping2.php, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare dm_add_pages() (previously declared in /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/domain_mapping.php:29) in /home/domain/public_html/wp-content/mu-plugins/domain_mapping2.php on line 36

Is there something special I need to do to install this php file?

6. tdjcbe
    Posted 13 years ago #

You should delete domain_mapping2.php. The software reads all *.php files within the 2 plugin subdirectories.

7. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Yeah, don't add a second copy. :) Replace.

8. russdyer
    Posted 13 years ago #

Awesome. Thank you so much. Works perfectly.

Does this new version only work on the root directory as well? I just find it to be a pain (organization wise) to sit in the root directory.

9. andrea_r
    Posted 13 years ago #

Yes, it has to be in the root. The way domain mapping works in general makes it so it has to be there, wouldn't matter what DM plugin you try.

About this Topic

• Started 13 years ago by russdyer
  • Latest reply from andrea_r