The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

No more way to edit templates ? (4 posts)

1. lissyx
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I was using WPµ based on WP 1.5, released approximately around 20th of February, and i've just install a freshly new unstable version. I'm afraid, there's no more way for users to edit their own templates.

So, I would like to know if this feature will never no more be available, or if it's just a need of coder to do this. In case it's just a temporary issue, I'll be glad to help you solving this :)

2. lissyx
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Due to health and school issue, I haven't been able to work on this since, and I'll can't before weeks.
    sorry.

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

here's a blog post shortly after the feature was removed:

http://mu.wordpress.org/blog/2005/08/secure-templates/

basically untill someone comes up with a killer idea to solve this issue we're out of luck.

4. ballen
    Posted 18 years ago #

Well, I have the idea, but someone will have to come up with the code to do it... I am code stupid still... And regardless of the learning that could be obtained from programming this myself, I just don't see it happening in any timely manner. If someone has the time to go after this and would like some direction as to how I think it could be done, I would be more than happy to discuss at least my idea for the application of it...
    ballen /#AT#\ cfdynamics $$DOT$$ com

About this Topic