The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Buttons not working in tinyMCE (11 posts)

1. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

The bold, italic, strikethrough, bulleted list, and numbered list buttons are not working in my tinyMCE. I have added some additional plugins to tinyMCE but haven't altered anything with these. Any clues as to how to fix it? When you click on the bold button for example the text is bold for a split second and then it is not and in html view the paragraph tag has been stripped after this behavior.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

We've had three upgrades of TinyMCE within the last month. I'd clear your cache of your browser to begin with and see if that helps.

*chuckle* They even made it into a FAQ over in wp.com land. :)

3. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Tried clearing the cache and no luck. Tried the suggestion on FAQ and no luck. Other thoughts?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

What browser are you using by the way?

I'm really at a loss. Only thing that comes to mind is turning off all the plugins to see if the original buttons show back up.

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

kahless, the buttons don't appear in Safari, in case you're using that.

6. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's what went through my mind.

Actually there's a thread over at WP.com that the latest version now supports WYSIWYG and that folks can see the buttons.

7. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

could you provide a link to the thread drmike? And any instructions we would need to follow to upgrade our own WPMU builds to include the latest TinyMCE?

Thanks.

8. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

I tried Firefox and Camino. They still don't show in Safari. It is not that I can't see them in Firefox. It is that when you click on Bold the text flashes bold and then is back to normal. The buttons don't work but they are there.

9. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

These buttons have been missing for a while then and still aren't in the latest builds? Mine are gone although they load initially but there's a 'foo' appended to the image names in source so the images are broken. My guess was Donncha etal are still stitching tinymce 2.0.6 into Mu. I was hoping they'd be there by now though.

10. zeug
    Posted 17 years ago #

Not sure what everyone elses problems are but I got the bold, underline and italic buttons back by editing editor_template.js in tinymce advanced themes. Lines 19-21 of the nightly are still calling {$lang_bold_img} for the image so I just replaced that with bold.gif etc, refreshed the browser cache and they are working.

11. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

Still no luck even after changing the image stuff. If I use the keyboard short cuts (CTRL+B, CTRL+i, etc.) then I get the desired formatting. However when I click the buttons I still get the flash of correct format and then back to regular text. Also noticed that CTRL+B and CTRL+b are sequences but they are supposed to do different things (bold and show advanced toolbar). Can't do anything with advanced toolbar once the button shows.

About this Topic