1. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

files in mu-plugin folder not activated

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

And more information would be?...

3. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

i have this problem from along time and i update to the last version hoping to solve this problem but not fixed ..
    any file put in mu-plugin folder not activated non off mu-plugsin work
    where the problem may be ?

4. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

plugins that require a install process during activation will mostly not function because there is no activation process when you put the addons in the mu-plugins directory...

this is a lack in the system, but i suppose the guys are working on a fix...

5. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't see a ticket with the word "plugin" in http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/report/1 so I guess no one is working on a fix for it.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

"because there is no activation process when you put the addons in the mu-plugins directory...

this is a lack in the system, but i suppose the guys are working on a fix... "

No, this is how the mu-plugins folder is supposed to work.

MazZziKa, what plugins have you put in the mu-plugins folder that don't work for you?

7. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

all of plugins in WPMUDEV.ORG

8. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 17 years ago #

Put them in wp-content/plugins and enable the plugins page? Does that work?

9. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

And how do you know they don't work? They don't all have options pages. In fact, I think hardly any of them do...

For example, some of them don't appear to do anything because you need to add code to either templates or the backend. If you don't follow the instructions with each one, they wil appear not to work.

Have you tried them one by one? And also Donncha's suggestion.

10. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

And activate the plugins page as well at Dashboard -> Site Admin -> Options. :)

11. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

i test them all one by one and add any code the plugin say to the main script but non work .. when i add them to the plugins folder they work :D

i test most of them before in my frist instlation in old version and works perfect .. so i know how they work to be able to know if they work or no

12. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

any help ??

13. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Can't without any more info, really. What build are you using?

14. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

the last one [761]

15. amnesiak
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've got a question.
    I've tried a couple of plugins like 'Widgets" and "Image2Up" and I've uploaded them to both Plugins and MU-Plugins

I set up a test account and when I went to the plugin's section none of them show up.

However in the admin account they DO show up.

Again, a plugin called Picture_glue works for regular accounts when I upload it to the Plugins folder not the mu-plugins folder.
    Any suggestions?

16. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Some plugins designed for WP just don't work when you put them in the MU folder. You'd have to edit it.

"However in the admin account they DO show up."

Did you enable the plugins? Go to Site Admin - Option, scroll down to the bottom and make sure the ticky box is checked.

17. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

can we back here to the frist problem :D

18. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

My answer is "I don't know". I know dr mike is using the latest nightly, as he updates his code every day. He hasn't had this issue.

So, did you upgrade or just reinstall from an older version to now? I really can't say what the problem would be or even where to begin, especially with no other details.

19. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

what about making u admin acound and ftp account to the folder of wp and u chk it

20. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm willing, but won't have time till Monday.

21. MazZziKa
    Posted 17 years ago #

ok i will make one for u and send it to ur email .. and when u finish just told me thx man

22. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey maz, what's up?

23. roxer82
    Posted 17 years ago #

Isn't there any way to active the plugins inside the "mu-plugins" folder? should I move them to the "plugins" folder?

24. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

When you place them in that folde,r they are automatically activated.

if you try on and it doesn't behave as expected, you may have to tweak it. Search the forums to see if others had the same problem or you could use it in the regular plugins folder. Depends on what you want.

25. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Two things usually get mu-plugins working:

1. Use EditPlus2 to fine any mention of 'plugins' in the plugin files - the path needs to be changed to mu-plugins

2. If anything is in a directory - like Bad Behaviour or Akismet - just move everything up a level so that the main plugin file is in the root of mu-plugins.

After that, providing that you don't need individual keys or details - everything should be doolally fine :)

Cheers, James

26. printlessfoot
    Posted 16 years ago #

I have same problem. I put akismet in mu-plugins/ folder and it does not appear in dashboard/plugin list. I don't see configuration tab in dashboard either. I did select 'enable' plugin in dashboard/admin/options

However it works in usual way if I put akismet in plugins/.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by MazZziKa
  • Latest reply from printlessfoot