The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

hacking attempt? (5 posts)

1. thatposhgirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just logged into my admin to see that there is a "blog" that doesn't have a user attachted to it. If I go to that blog's URL I get a message that says WordPress isn't installed and to try using install.php? Is this someone trying to hack my site?

2. thatposhgirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Oh geez. Something si wrong. It is creating blog directory and users but not linking them.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have a couple of those as well. I doubt its a hacking attempt. My guess is that they removed themselves as the admin for some reason.

4. thatposhgirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nah, the database went crazy last night. When someone would try to create a blog they would get a lot of header errors and errors that the database was full. I tried to repair the database but then there were others issues. Fortunately I only had one blog at that point so I just reinstalled everything from scratch using an older version that I haven't had any problems with on another account.

I don't think the 9/16 or 9/18 installs are stable.

5. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

Running the nightlies does have some risk. I doubt I'll update mine again until an official stable release comes out.

But who knows, I could throw caution to the wind...

Freq---

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by thatposhgirl
  • Latest reply from Frequent