The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Please share how to debug tinymCe bugs problem with IE 6.0 (8 posts)

1. apenicchio
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello everybody! I ask for people who knows how to debug the tinymCE bug problem with IE 6.0! I know there is a topic on that yet but I know also that few members of this forum have solved this problem already! Indeed, I went in a lot of weblog platform based on Wordpress MU, and I saw that some have not the javascript error when loading the "post-new.php" page!

Yes the problem is that in IE 6.0, you have to refresh the browser in order to make the tinyMCE editor appears! It's not a problem for me, but I think it's not very pleasant for the users... Please help me! Thanks!

2. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

while I've never had the problem myself in IE6, I've had users report it. So I'd be interested in any information on the topic as well.

3. mypatricks
    Posted 17 years ago #

The new editor(Tabbed Editor) may solve this problem.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I never had the problem, so I had nothing to fix.

mypatricks -has the tabbed editor made it into MU code, or is it still just in wp.com?

5. mypatricks
    Posted 17 years ago #

if you want tabbed editor on your wpmu, you may edit yourself from http://trac.wordpress.org. I has done it myself.

I think WPMU will merge the feature on coming week. :)

6. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

mypatricks,
    Could you tell us which files need to be replaced/modified to get the new editor ?
    Do you know if buttonsnap is still working with the new version ?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

8. mypatricks
    Posted 17 years ago #

Donncha has merged the feature.

http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/770

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by apenicchio
  • Latest reply from mypatricks