The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problems with activation mail (5 posts)

1. thatposhgirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

I realized yesterday that activation emails seem to be disappearing when they are sent to certain domains. I signed up for a yahoo account and created a blog and the activation email went straight into the spam box? I think it might be because the email is coming from support@www.screenwriters.la (the www?).

I remember seeing a place to set the STMP servers so WP can use them but I can't for the life of me figure out where that is. I've looked under site admin options and regular options and I can't find the place to set them.

This is a bad deal because some domains are just deleting the mails comepletely.

The thing is. The emails were going through just fine a few days ago. Now they are spam and being deleted? I don't understand how that could happen.

2. thatposhgirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

OMG this is a nightmare. All emails from screenwriters.la are being flagged as spam.

3. ahc
    Posted 17 years ago #

You're right, the domain has been black-listed by a couple of SPAM databases. See: DNS Stuff for details.

4. thatposhgirl
    Posted 17 years ago #

Damn. Apparently someone sharing my hosting id is spamming: http://psbl.surriel.com/evidence?ip=74.52.105.82&action=Check+evidence

5. honewatson
    Posted 17 years ago #

you can generally solve this problem by purchasing a unique ip address.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by thatposhgirl
  • Latest reply from honewatson