The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Installation not creating database (6 posts)

1. ahc
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm trying to do a fresh installation if last night's build. I have the database, and a fresh copy of all WPMU files in the root of the blog directory.

The first step of the installer comes up fine, I set the form to use sub-directories, enter the database information, set the server address, enter the blog title and email, and click submit.

I get a short page that just says: Creating Database Config File: DONE and nothing else (well, logo is there before the next). Most importantly, NO database tables, no email, no errors in any of the logs that I can find (checked Apache, and Postfix logs).

Any Suggestions?

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

You went through all the steps, even clicking the big "next" button? ad no errors after that either?

3. mrjcleaver
    Posted 17 years ago #

I suspect this is because of http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/ticket/165

BTW, does WPMU have an automated test harness?

4. pumpkinslayer
    Posted 17 years ago #

The changes that affect kses.php were introduced in revision 761, so try using Revision 760.

or...

revert kses.php back to it's pre-revision 761 state.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does the MySQL user you have created have permission to CREATE in MySQL? How about access to the database? I just have mine set to ALL permissions.

6. ahc
    Posted 17 years ago #

I just re-ran the process with the newest nightly build, and still no-go.

The DB user has access all privledges (no grant option) on that database. Just to be sure I logged in to the database as that user and created a junk table.

About this Topic