The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

bbPress (7 posts)

1. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

I guess this is actually a question more for matt. Do you think that you could whip together a version of bbPress that runs off of wpmus user database. It would allow us to have support forums and still keep the same integrity of wordpress.

2. redwolf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Anyone succesfully running bbPress in conjunction with WPMU? Any ETA on when it might happen?

3. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

i'm working on it, but it will be a slooow process. It's taking forever to integrate the bbpress admin panel with the wpmu admin panel.

4. redwolf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

Thanks, Andrew. I can imagine that's quite a task! I'd offer to help, but I think I'd be more a hinderance at this point :-)

5. andrewbillits
    Posted 18 years ago #

yeah, one of the things that is also taking so long is that I am keeping the bbpress and wpmu user tables separate and have setup scripts that sync the data when info is changed in the wpmu admin panel. This is a give and take situation I guess. The negative is that there will be a few more tables in the database (not many but still). The positive is that even if the wpmu install gets totally screwed, bbpress will still function. So basically, if wpmu goes down, the support forums will still be up and running.

6. redwolf
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I can see the benefits in having the support forums running, even if the wpmu install gets hosed. What's the overhead of having a few more tabled in the database? Is it measurable?

7. Farms
    Posted 18 years ago #

Yeh, I went for Drupal in the end but it'd be great to have WPMU spit out something that could be swallowed up by a heap of other OS apps...

About this Topic

• Started 18 years ago by andrewbillits
  • Latest reply from Farms