The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

WPMU LDAP Plugin fails to create new ldap users... (6 posts)

1. aaugustf
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't think I changed anything since I did my first login, but every time a valid LDAP user logs into WPMU, they get:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/blogs/wp-includes/functions.php on line 707

Warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge]: Argument #1 is not an array in /var/www/blogs/wp-includes/registration.php on line 144

Warning: extract() [function.extract]: First argument should be an array in /var/www/blogs/wp-includes/registration.php on line 32
    Please contact the system administrator...

Error near line 240 ldap_auth.php

Anyone know why this might be? If I create the user (and their blog) in advance, LDAP login works with no problem.

2. kennibc
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'd like to see this work. We are looking at providing this for 18,000 students at a K-12 district.

Any suggestions would be great! We need LDAP integration to fully launch it.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

We've discussed LDAP in the past and how the regular WordPress LDAP plugin does not work for WPMU. You may want to search the forums and try contacting one of those folks to see how they solved their issues.

4. boetter
    Posted 17 years ago #

Does anyone know if this problem got resolved? I am also considering using LDAP authentication for a project, but I am not sure how hard it would be?

5. bethgranter
    Posted 17 years ago #

We solved some LDAP login problems...

Firstly, half of the files in the distribution were formatted with DOS (CRLF) line endings. We have been through and have corrected them all to UNIX (LF).

Secondly, the post by tokyocrusaders at http://wpmudevorg.wordpress.com/project/WPMU-LDAP-Authentication-Plug-in was correct. Because of our anonymous bind the lookup was failing. We made the suggested change and have re- installed.

Thirdly, existing blogs and users were interfering with the automatic account/blog creation so we deleted everything bar the admin account and started again.

This then seemed to be working.

You should avoid using the self registration stuff on the front page. In fact this should be removed so that it cannot be used. All you need to do is login with your LDAP authenticated userid and password and your account and blog will be created automatically.

I am now having a slightly different problem with LDAP. We had it working, then we changed the server permissions for the whole WPMU folder to group write and now automatic account creation is broken and new blogs are not being created when people try to log in with their LDAP username and password. Anyone else had this problem?

6. justinleatherbury
    Posted 17 years ago #

Beth,
    Does it give an error message or just return you to the login screen?

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by aaugustf
  • Latest reply from justinleatherbury