The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Non-WPMU sub-directories inaccessible (3 posts)

1. ark
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

I want WPMU on a domain where there's stuff in pre-existing folders -- some of that stuff is static HTML pages, some of it, in a different subdirectoy, is managed by Textpattern.

So far, I've tried to install WPMU in the Web root of three different domains: in two of them it left a Textpattern install in a subdirectory accessible, but in one install a Textpattern install became inaccessible. On the domain where I want it, it left the Textpattern install in peace but rendered the flat files in another sub-directory inaccessible.

I couldn't detect a pattern, but I'm sure it has to do with the funky URL rewriting that WPMU performs; as soon as I disable the .htaccess file, I can access the other stuff again.

Any comment?

2. donncha
    Key Master
    Posted 18 years ago #

You'll have to disable mod_rewrite in those other folders. That's how the download link on blogs.linux.ie works, a .htaccess in that folder with "rewriteengine off" in it solves that.
    If you need mod_rewrite then you'll have to look at rewriting/adding to your other application's rules as WPMU handles all requests through mod_rewrite.

3. ark
    Inactive
    Posted 18 years ago #

That directory happened to have a couple of subdirectories and was pulling stuff from other directories too, so I ended up doing the rounds with that .htaccess files. Seems to be working, though.

Thanks for the hint!

About this Topic