The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Number of users per blog (8 posts)

1. julient
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to limit the number of users for one blog ? I mean that a blog can only have 5 users for example.

In the same idea, is it possible to limit the number of blogs a user can open ?

Thanks for your help !

2. nexia
    Posted 17 years ago #

actually, the answer is no, because nobody have written a code for these settings...

but they are good ideas.

3. julient
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok thank you nexia, I'll see if there's something to be done.

4. Lucifix
    Posted 17 years ago #

Anything new about this plugin? I just don't want that one user create over 100 blogs.

5. wpvince
    Posted 17 years ago #

Wow. I hope we are all missing some simple setting here, as things could get out of hand if we can't control how many blogs per user.

6. bethgranter
    Posted 17 years ago #

Definately. I need to limit users to one blog only. We have 'auto create' on with LDAP authentication so when they login with their username from our database it creates a blog for them, but we don't want anyone to try to create a blog through the 'new blog' setup page. I've removed the 'new blog' link from the homepage so they can only go to 'login', but then on everybody's blogs under 'meta' in the right hand panel there is a 'new blog' link. Sorry if this is slightly off point, but if I could limit users to one blog only then it wouldn't matter if they found the 'new blog' links.

7. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Do a check in wp-signup, where if the user is logged in and not the "main site admin", then it redirects them to perhaps an faq page explaining that your TOS only allows one blog per user.

Since you already have a database with users through LDAP, it shouldn't be an issue with users having more than one LDAP account. Of course I'm assuming you have some form of control over that part, and who is registering or whatever.

8. bethgranter
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just saw this, thanks - a redirect to FAQ would work. Till now I had replaced the content in the wp-signup file with the content from the wp-login file so users were forced to just log in, which worked also.

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by julient
  • Latest reply from bethgranter