The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Some strings are not translatable (2 posts)

1. DrLobo
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi,

I am currently translating wmpu in french and I have found some strings that are still hardcoded.

Here is a list of the changes I have done to fix what I have found so far,I hope it will help:

wp-admin.php
    line 26
    Replace
    <input name="submit" value="Search Users »" type="submit" />
    by
    <input name="submit" value="<?php _e('Search Users »');?>" type="submit" />

line 34
    Replace
    <input name="submit" value="Search Blogs »" type="submit" />
    by
    <input name="submit" value="<?php _e('Search Blogs »');?>" type="submit" />

wp-signup.php
    line 222
    Replace
    Fill out this one-step form and you'll be blogging seconds later!
    by
    <?php _e("Fill out this one-step form and you'll be blogging seconds later!");?>

wp-content/mu-plugins/delete-blog.php

line 31
    the message $msg is not translatable:
    $msg = "Dear User,[...]";

line 57
    replace
    print "" . __('Thank you for using ' .$current_site->site_name. ', your blog has been deleted. Happy trails to you until we meet again.') . "";
    by
    print "" . sprintf(__('Thank you for using %s, your blog has been deleted. Happy trails to you until we meet again.'),$current_site->site_name) . "";

line 60
    replace
    <?php _e('If you do not want to use your ' .$current_site->site_name. ' blog any more, you can delete it using the form below. When you click <q>Delete My Blog</q> you will be sent an email with a link in it. Click on this link to delete your blog.') ?>
    by
    <?php echo(sprintf(__('If you do not want to use your %s blog any more, you can delete it using the form below. When you click <q>Delete My Blog</q> you will be sent an email with a link in it. Click on this link to delete your blog.'),$current_site->site_name)) ?>

wp-login.php

Line 67
    Replace
    echo "<p align='center'>Note: You must enable cookies to use this site.";
    By
    echo "<p align='center'>".__("Note: You must enable cookies to use this site.")."";

wp-admin/plugins.php
    Line 137
    Replace
    <?php _e(sprintf('If something goes wrong with a plugin and you can’t use WordPress, delete or rename that file in the %s directory and it will be automatically deactivated.', PLUGINDIR)); ?>
    by
    <?php printf(__('If something goes wrong with a plugin and you can’t use WordPress, delete or rename that file in the %s directory and it will be automatically deactivated.'), PLUGINDIR); ?>

Line 139
    Replace
    <?php _e(sprintf('To install a plugin you generally just need to upload the plugin file into your %s directory. Once a plugin is uploaded, you may activate it here.', PLUGINDIR)); ?>
    By
    <?php printf(__('To install a plugin you generally just need to upload the plugin file into your %s directory. Once a plugin is uploaded, you may activate it here.'), PLUGINDIR); ?>

2. quenting
    Posted 17 years ago #

yeah, when you start adding new themes you'll quickly see they contain even more hardcoded strings here and there. The submit buttons are a typical case where most strings are pretty much never gettexted.

About this Topic