The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Problem with the text widget (11 posts)

1. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

I recently installed sidebar widgets (thanks for the modified instructions in a post a while back DrMike) and all seems to be well except for the text widget that displays only as a blank box.

Is the text widget only for code, not text? I basically just put in a testing 1-2-3 in there but it doesn't seem to appear.

Any suggestions?

Freq---

2. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

bump... I posted this rather late that night so I thought I'd give it a second chance since I still haven't gotten it to work.

Freq---

3. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Usually the problem is the other way around, people can put text in but not code. :D

Can you list exactly the steps you followed?

4. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

And add in a sample of the text that you're trying to add in please.

5. Frequent
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry guys, I'm not sure what the problem was but I just tried it again and it works fine with regular text now.

Perhaps it was operator error.

Freq---

6. joseph21
    Posted 17 years ago #

How do we use the text widget in WPMU? Which file do we need to edit in order to put text in it?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

There's a text wdiget included with the wdiget plugin. you drag-drop it in the sidebar and click the little edit button on it.

8. joseph21
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thanks andrea :) I didn't even realize it was editable. Are we not allowed to put codes in it (javascripts or php)?

9. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nope, it'll get stripped out.

10. demonicume
    Posted 17 years ago #

you can use execphp.zip. its a widget that lets you enter php. you can also try exec-php at the bluesome site. there are edits you have to do get it working. word of warning, once i made the edits and created a php widget my text widgets havnt worked since. i've been searching forums for nearly a month now trying to figure out what went wrong - i've found nothing. i havet gotten any response from the widget folks or the exec folks.

11. somsit
    Posted 16 years ago #

Just check here if you want to put code/html into text widget

http://thainy.com/blog/2007/05/25/how-to-use-html-tag-and-script-in-wpmu-text-widget/

About this Topic