The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Restrict commenting to registered WPMU users only (4 posts)

1. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

This is a bit of a detour from this post on comments.

Essentially what I'd like to do is restrict commenting on blogs on a WPMU install to solely users who have registered for a blog / username on that install.

This has a myriad of possible uses - for example in education this would allow restriction of creation of new users to a particular domain and then comments to automatically limited to that group (something a lot of people ask for) or for much broader controls over who comments and how on the site.... v. necessary in a larger media context (such as the one I'd like to try out WPMU in here).

I guess all it'd take would be a mu-plugin that said, before opening the comment form, are you a registered and logged in user of the wpmu installation... if not go register.

Naturally waaaaaaaaay out of my 'programming' reach though :(

Any assistance would be so much appreciated you wouldn't know!

Cheers, James

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Or something that automagically flags the "must be registered and logged into comment" on blog creation.

Just to help narrow it down. :)

3. Farms2
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nice :) That's exactly it... although registered and logged in to the WPMU install (rather than the individual blog)

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep, that's what that flag is supposed to do now as well.

Could also comment out that bit in the user's backend so they can't switch it off.

About this Topic