The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

External mail server (9 posts)

1. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there a way to configure wordpress to use an external mail server? If so, please tell me as it would help A LOT! Thank you very much!

2. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

Nothing? This is very important =(

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Must not be that important if you couldn't figure it out yourself by looking at the code.

*sigh*

A quick lookie at the code shows that WPMU uses a function called wp_mail. I can't do a search here for it but you may want to look through the code for that function.

4. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

I'm sorry, I guess I missed that...

I changed it to a mail server that I tested and it works with my mail client, but when, for example, I change my blog email address where it says "If you change this we will send you an email at your new address to confirm it.", but an email isn't sent...Am I not configuring something correctly here? I checked the junk boxes too... I sent a test email to the account and received it, and even when I directed my browser to the wp-mail.php file, it showed the message, but it's not sending any mail! In the Site Admin tab, I clicked blogs, then clicked Edit and entered in my mail server information in that page...

5. PerS
    Posted 17 years ago #

Rubyducky, you could also try the ShiftThis SMTP Swift plugin. Note, I haven't tested it on wpmu

6. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

Thank you very much for that link, however, I tried it and still, no email is being sent out =(

7. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

Actually, I installed PHPMailer, and successfully sent out a test email using it, but wordpress still isn't sending out emails! I also tried it with this http://www.coffee2code.com/archives/2004/06/28/plugin-wpphpmailer/

Any help here please??

8. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

Never mind it works =)

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

That's good. :)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by Rubyducky
  • Latest reply from drmike