The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

installing wpmu (13 posts)

1. hdiaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have goten this far:
    "No WPMU site defined on this host. If you are the owner of this site, please check Debugging WPMU for further assistance."

any assistance - please?!

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

We'll need more info. How/where did you install it? Can you recount all your steps?

3. hdiaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

thank-u for ur reply!
    the addressis this: http://www.granadagazette.us/
    and I have filled according o what it says.

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did you pick subdomains without setting up vhosts first?

5. hdiaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Probably yes. so what should I do?

6. hdiaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did I got it right?

7. hdiaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

One more time I am here asking for entlaightment.

Well, the first part seems to be fine, the user can register and s/he gets an email asking him /her to confirm. - however, user.granadagazette.us - doesnot exist. when clicking the link to confirm and consequently, the new register does not have his / her new blog.

So what do I need to fix for the WP multi-User works?

8. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Did you set up virtual hosts in Apache? Or did you ask your host to do it for you?

9. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Please don't bump three times within less than six hours. It's considered rude on most forums.

Please give us specifics on what you did to install WPMU. You may also want to hit this list and answer the questions in there. I'm afraid you give us little to do on.

I've got to admit that 'Probably yes' really isn't that great of an answer. You may want to double check your settings.

10. hdiaz
    Posted 17 years ago #

I guess ... I will have to look for another host. My host does not help much with the issue; the one I talked to told me that I cannot alter the Apache File.
    Or Much better I will install Mac OS Server in my own computer and run wpmu from it.

Is that possible? Or do I need more that the server App?

Any entlightment please

ps.: I apologies for the persevaration - I need to offer this service to my students.

11. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Haven't heard anyone using WPMU on a Mac server.

There's a thread discussing hosts. I'm using synhosting.com and recommend them myself. They were very willing to modify the files necessary to get WPMU running.

12. kahless
    Posted 17 years ago #

I have wpmu running on an XServe and have had it running on this server since last October. No problems. You don't need to install OS X Server to be able to run wpmu. OS X has Apache 1.3.x and PHP 4.3.x and you can find binaries for Apache 2.0.x and PHP 5.1.x for OS X with some googling. What will be a problem is getting your sys admin to create the DNS stuff for you. My campus' sys admin has 4 CNames that point to my office Mac and I use that as a testing server before moving stuff to the XServe.

13. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Kahless, what about using PHP5? I thought some folks were reporting issues with it.

About this Topic