The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

Joomla and Wordpress MU (24 posts)

1. agent14
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hey is there anyway to integrate the two? There is a bridge for SMF and Joomla by the folk over at SMF...but I was wondering if a similar thing could be done or is available for Wordpress MU...any tips appreciated.

2. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

A quick two second search shows at least one thread where someone was working on this. :)

3. agent14
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ok thanks

4. roxer82
    Posted 17 years ago #

One question, does anybody know if this integration is done?
    I know that there's one for WordPress but would be great have one for WordPress MU

5. drmonge
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hi guys...

It's been almost three months since this topic and I am just wondering if there is ACTUALLY somenthing that would do this!!!!

Drmike: I ran a search about it, but didn't find anybody working on it, just some code. Nothing working

HELP!!!

6. vibhash
    Posted 17 years ago #

Yep i'm also trying to do this...
    I want that http://www.domain.com should have Joomla installed, and in the front page of joomla I can put login and register forms...so users can directly login to their blogs or can directly register from front page.

I will be using only 1 user that is admin in Joomla...and the login form will be of WPMU in the front page of Joomla.

And the users can get domain names as http://xxxx.domain.com

7. nataprawira
    Posted 17 years ago #

today is march 15th, 2007, and... *blank*

is there somewhere, that someone can solve this thread? *sigh*

8. lunabyte
    Posted 17 years ago #

Sorry, not a fan of joomla.

9. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

To bad there isn't any good help around this topic. Joomla and Wordpress together would be one hell of a team! (I dont care about the GLP shit, but I care about the possibilities..

10. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

IF you don't care about the GPL "shit", feel free to code a bridge on your own. However, don't release it. The Joom"blah" folks would be all over ya on it.

You can make your own, you just can't share it.

11. suleiman
    Posted 16 years ago #

luna you definitely hate Joomla dude.

12. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

What? Not me. :)

Well, OK, I might not be a big fan.

13. lunabite-ass
    Posted 16 years ago #

[idiotic non-contribution removed - Mark]

14. celius
    Posted 16 years ago #

Hmm... If I could, trust me I would!

15. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

@the mods...

Does the above behavior really have to persist? Does someone have to be such a puss that they can't post with their real identity? Pretty chicken shit, really.

As for their comment, they must not be very well educated on such matters.

Because someone sure as hell can create/modify something like that for their own personal use. However, I will refrain from further engaging someone (the fake user/s) who doesn't have the balls to say something themselves.

No sweat off my back.

16. MrBrian
    Posted 16 years ago #

They spelled your name wrong, so your statement about not being educated seems pretty spot on. Also, I think you should respect licenses and their owners or prepared to be screwed upon yourself.

17. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

Well, they had to misspell it. They've already been banned with proper spellings.

But, I do agree. If they don't want you distributing something, then don't. Find a better solution.

18. luna-assbyte
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

[Inanity removed - Mark]

19. lunabyte
    Posted 16 years ago #

And you're a chicken shit hiding behind a spoofed name, trying to be a jackass.

You obviously haven't a clue, nor any intelligence on the matter.

Because most certainly someone can customize something of this nature for their own personal use.

Get a life, a clue, and the balls to quit hiding behind fake names.

20. luna-assbyte
    Blocked
    Posted 16 years ago #

[More junk erased - Mark]

21. demonicume
    Posted 16 years ago #

luna-a$$, thats enough already. if any of us were going to help you, we aren't now.

22. luna-ass-byte
    Posted 16 years ago #

you idiot to write "You can make your own, you just can't share it."

23. andrea_r
    Posted 16 years ago #

Mark, maybe you can Bozo the iodiot commentor instead of removing their posts.

24. Parmen
    Posted 15 years ago #

"I want that http://www.domain.com should have Joomla installed

And the users can get domain names as http://xxxx.domain.com "

This is possible only if the Joomla is on a faked www subdomain like www2.your-wpmu.com

Or try to manually hack httpd in order to get a VH entry for www. Then you should edit your DNS entry by changing CNAME to A + IP for www and adding an * A entry for your-vpmu

Still, it is better to have joomla on domain.com then to install vpmu on my.domain.com so that the user could get the user.my.domain.com

Clean and working

About this Topic