The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

invitation plugin (10 posts)

1. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Any work has been done to allow users to register only upon invitation of another user?

2. helmi
    Posted 17 years ago #

would sound interesting. unfortunately i don't really know how to do it and how to limit invitations but sounds like a really good thing.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I know someone was going to attempt using the code from when we had it built in. Maybe if we tried to bribe Donncha with some BBQ....

Actually he has stated a few times that this feature won't return.

4. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well i suppose its kind of silly!, google can get away with it, cause EVERYBODY knows somebody probably within the same room that has a gmail account, and hence the invitation.

but when your working with a little community. your screwd!.

5. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Was working in it here, hit a snag, haven't had the time, to get back to it yet.

6. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

andrea_R
    what was your snag?
    how did you set up your crypto?

7. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I was using the original code, so whatever encoding was there is still in it. The snag I got was getting half of it to even show up in the admin area. Yes, I added the correct code to do so, but could only get the site admin's menu area for invites to show up, and not the users.

8. Rubyducky
    Posted 17 years ago #

Well when you finally get it working, we'd all be VERY appreciative if you posted it for us =)

9. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

If I do manage to get it working, I'll be crowing it from the rooftops, that's for sure. :D

10. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

sweet andrea, glad to see you're working on this :)

About this Topic