The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

how to manually set theme for a blog? (10 posts)

1. skcsknathan001
    Posted 17 years ago #

I installed the theme "Barthelme" and set active and selected it now my blog isn't working. I'm running WPMU. Only the blog that I set up the theme isn't working. It gives error as:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare barthelme_bodyfontsize() (previously declared in /home/adadsat0/public_html/wp-content/themes/Barthelme/functions.php:40) in /home/adadsat0/public_html/wp-content/themes/Barthelme/functions.php on line 46

Now can anybody tell me how to MANUALLy change the template so I can go in and remove the theme for that current blog. I tried "deactive"ing.. but didn't resolve..

2. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Delete the theme , rename the folder, move it to a new spot in the server - any of those options.

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Just for reference, the theme selection is found in the wp_*_options table for this blog. Look for the records stylesteet and theme if I remember correctly. The name of the subdirectory is placed there and you can edit it.

Hope this helps,
    -drmike

4. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

Ah, that to. Theme with options usually set up soem tables in the db right where mike said.

5. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

Andrea's method is quicker though. :)

I was going to suggest modifing the name within the stylesheet of the theme in question but, since the subdirectory name is what is stored within the database, I don't know if that would work.

6. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

It is well known I am impatient. :D

7. skcsknathan001
    Posted 17 years ago #

Wow... Andrea's method was so quick & easy. Why didn't I think of that.

Thanks a lot.

drmike,

That's what I was trying to find, but there is no field as template or css or similar in that wp_5_options table of mine!

8. zota
    Posted 17 years ago #

Is there a list of themes that do or don't work in MU?

So far, all of the plaintext.org themes don't work for me:

Barthelme

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare barthelme_bodyfontsize() (previously declared in /home/blogs/public_html/wp-content/themes/Barthelme/functions.php:40) in /home/blogs/public_html/wp-content/themes/Barthelme/functions.php on line 39

plaintxtBlog

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare plaintxtblog_basefontsize() (previously declared in /home/blogs/public_html/wp-content/themes/plaintxtBlog/functions.php:34) in /home/blogs/public_html/wp-content/themes/plaintxtBlog/functions.php on line 33

Simplr
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare simplr_layoutwidth() (previously declared in /home/blogs/public_html/wp-content/themes/Simplr/functions.php:39) in /home/blogs/public_html/wp-content/themes/Simplr/functions.php on line 38

9. dsader
    Posted 17 years ago #

replace themetoolkit.php.
    http://jason.lah.cc/category/themes/

10. andrea_r
    Posted 17 years ago #

I've noticed if a theme is using Ohz's theme toolkit, it doesn't play nice with MU. Haven't quite bothered to narrow down why yet, but some of them you can nuke most of what's in the functions file to get rid of the errors. (Of course, you then loose some functionality you may want to put back in...)

About this Topic

• Started 17 years ago by skcsknathan001
  • Latest reply from andrea_r