The MU forums have moved to WordPress.org

CakePHP plugins (6 posts)

1. mozey
    Posted 17 years ago #

Hello people,
    so i dropped my hosting solution (at the moment) in order to give myself some time (few months) to build some serious plugins on top of mu. It turns out that:

1: I'm going to create two more tables for each user (two so far!).
    2: Few other non user tables.
    4: Use a Rails type framework like CakePHP or CodeIgnitor for the plugin itself.

I'm expecting things to slow down, JUUUUUUST a touch. And i'm cool with that. Anythooughts on how i can minimize the damage? am i shooting myself in the foot some how/shape/form?

2. helmi
    Posted 17 years ago #

hi mozey,

i don't think you'll get a really valuable answer without any details :)

3. drmike
    Posted 17 years ago #

I don't even know what CakePHP is myself...

4. mrmumu
    Posted 17 years ago #

CakePHP Its a structure of libraries, classes and run-time infrastructure for programmers creating web applications originally inspired by the Ruby on Rails framework. Its primary goal is to enable you to work in a structured and rapid manner - without loss of flexibility.

Ive used it on some of my new projects. Seen it first at Boston php group before it went public. But I don't think it will work with wordpress with out alot of work.

5. suleiman
    Posted 17 years ago #

there is a thread on here somewhere with some site optimization tips. You can use that thread to speed things up a tad.

I'm anxious to seew hat kinds of plugins you had in mind here.

6. hwz
    Posted 16 years ago #

Im interested in using CakePHP for my corporate blog-site.I'm a Cake developer and I plan to use Cake to :
    1. 1 Master-blog (CakePHP) + 50 personal blogs
    2. Master-blog to act as COntrolPanel for admin to broadcast news,articles,share blogs of good bloggers to ALL blogs on my WPMU site.
    3. Master-blog gets XMLstreams of all blog activity site-wide

Is this technically feasible with WPMU API,FeedAgregattors & XMLRPC?

About this Topic